"On the top of Gediminas Tower" Top 5 Page for this destination Gediminas castle Tip by matcrazy1
Gediminas castle, Vilnius: 65 reviews and 122 photos
There was an observation deck on the top of the Gediminas Tower with amazing views over Vilnius, its old town, newly built skyscrapers, Soviet style suburbs and nearby mountains/hills. Notice that there were two seperate stairways in the tower: the one for the historical exposition and the one just for the top observation deck.
There were only a few visitors and binoculars on the top, paid as I remember 1 Lt (get change ready).
I met there a young woman. She was a journalist and student of art and history from... China and she stayed in Vilnius for 2 weeks. She went to Vilnius to write a book about its history and art, surely in Chinese :-). We were talking about life in China, Poland and Lithuania what I found very interesting. China is on my future list... and Poland was on the list of the woman.
Address: Arsenalo gatve 5, Vilnius
Directions: On the top of the Gediminas Hill. It was difficult to get there by funicular: read my Warnings Or Dangers tip "No direction signs to funicular!!!" here.
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels