"Strange patterns of old flags" Top 5 Page for this destination Gediminas castle Tip by matcrazy1
Gediminas castle, Vilnius: 65 reviews and 122 photos
These two flags on my picture were displayed on the 3rd floor of the Gediminas Tower.
Their design looked somewhat strange and secret to me and reminded me more Central American cultures of say Aztecs than of any Eastern European country. There were usually knights, horses, armours, symbols of king's power: an apple or a sceptre etc. on European medieval flags.
Excuse, I don't remember who and when created them. I think they were flags/banners of medieval or later knight's companies. Medieval troops were divided into companies of which each had its own flag.
Address: Arsenalo gatve 5, Vilnius
Directions: On the top of the Gediminas Hill. It was difficult to get there by funicular: read my Warnings Or Dangers tip "No direction signs to funicular!!!" here.
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels