"Knight's helmets" Top 5 Page for this destination Gediminas castle Tip by matcrazy1
Gediminas castle, Vilnius: 65 reviews and 122 photos
There were a few knight's helmets from 16th and 17th century displayed on the 3rd floor of the Gediminas Tower. I like this one on my picture especially.
Military helmets were used from the ancient times - the oldest ones were made of leather instead of steel. Well, generally armours made of steel plates (plate armours) dominated in Europe from say 13th century to 17th century when the use of firearms had made body armour useless.
Address: Arsenalo gatve 5, Vilnius
Directions: On the top of the Gediminas Hill. It was difficult to get there by funicular: read my Warnings Or Dangers tip "No direction signs to funicular!!!" here.
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels