Mary Anne's: "Yummy Mexican / Tex Mex fare" Mary Ann's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED Tip by lulu_girl

Mary Anne's is my favorite tex mex restaurant. There's plenty of tables, and the wait (if there is one) usually isn't that long at all. The food is filling and delicious, and they have margarita specials.

The wait staff, in my experience, has been friendly and nice. I've had to wait to get the check, but I've never had to wait long for water, drinks, or food. The prices are very reasonable. You can get a meal for under ten dollars, or if you want to splurge with a drink special, you'll get out of there in the $15 to $20 range. Just make sure to ask how much a pitcher of margaritas are before ordering. I don't drink tequilla as a general rule, and I recall being astounded at the cost the one time I ordered a pitcher with friends.

Favorite Dish: Their burroritos are just so good. The refried beans are really tasty and not dried out at all. The portions are large as well. The chips and salsa they put out before the main course arrives are evil, evil things. The salsa is so addictive (although not super hot or anything like that) that you'll empty the bowl before you know it.

Address: 86 2nd Ave
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 5th street and 2nd Ave is where you want to go. The restaurant is on the sourth east corner.
Phone: 212-475-5939
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Mexican

• Written May 28, 2004

lulu_girl's Related Pages

Have you been to New York City?