Zen Palate: "yay for great vegetarian fare!" Zen Palate Tip by lulu_girl

Zen Palate, New York City: 11 reviews and 10 photos

This restaurant is so, so good. I worship thee, Zen Palate, even if you are kinda pricey.
There's plenty of room and several locations for this restaurant. I usually go to the location in Union Square. I've never had to wait longer than ten minutes for a table.

Favorite Dish: The Yam fries are incredible. So are the scallion pancakes. In fact, I'd say I've eaten most of their appetizers and they're all good. Their taro spring rolls are my favorite.

For main dishes, my favorites are the SHEPHERD'S PIE CROQUETTES, ROSE PETALS, and the HARVEST DELIGHT SALAD. The main entrees aren't too pricey...but it can add up. On average the entrees are about nine bucks. They also have awesome noodle/pasta dishes that are very filling and quite affordable (about six bucks). My favorite noodle dish is Stir-Fried Spinach Linguine with Vegetables.

Ohhh! And they have great iced teas, although pricey. $2.50 for a large iced tea is kinda silly, but if you feel like splurging, the cranberry flavor is really good!

Address: 34 East Union Square
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: At the intersection of 9th avenue and 46th Street.
Phone: 212.582.1669
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Vegan/Vegetarian
Website: http://www.zenpalate.com/

• Updated May 28, 2004

lulu_girl's Related Pages

Have you been to New York City?