"Museum in the New Arsenal" Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuanian National Museum Tip by matcrazy1
Lithuanian National Museum, Vilnius: 7 reviews and 6 photos
National Museum of Lithuania is a state-owned cultural institution which offers 7 museums/expositions to visit in Vilnius:
1. The Old Arsenal,
2. The New Arsenal,
3. The Castle Tower of Gediminas Hill,
4. Kazys Varnelis House-Museum,
5. Home of Signatories,
6. The Memorial Farmstead of Dr Jonas Sliupas,
7. The Museum of Dr Vincas Kudirka.
Hmm... I managed to visit only number 3. Next time...
There was the exposition "Lithuanian State and Culture History" inside this white building called the New Arsenal. I can't say you anything about the exposition except that it contained historical and etnographical expositions. I didn't visit it as it was closed that day :-(((. But I think it may be interesting for folks who are interested in old Lithuanian art and history of this part of our globe.
Well, long building of New Arsenal looked very impressive. It was renovated in 1958 - 1965 and again recently before huge events on 750 anniversary of King Mindaugas coronation in 2003. It was finally built in Classsical style probably at the end of 18th century. In 19th century where Vilnius was occupied by Russia the building housed military barracks.
Wed - Sun 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
MONDAY AND TUESDAY - CLOSED !!! Why on Tuesday ???
Adults - 4 Lt
Children, students - 2 Lt
Guided tours - 15 Lt.
Address: 1 Arsenalo St, LT-2600 Vilnius
Directions: 3-5 min. walk from the Cathedral Square (Archikatedros aikste): walk northwards a walkway parallel (east of) to T. Vrublevskio gatve (street).
More Things to Do in Vilnius (127)
More Reviews (261)
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All More info?
- See All Four must see activities!
- See All On the top but not my recommendation
- See All Wait, wait and again wait
- See All Poor choice, high prices
- See All Lithuanian wooden statues-chapels
- See All Trolleybuses - save them, please!
- See All Nude bathing?
- See All Polish visitors and no vacancy!
- See All General information
- Concerts, discos, live music...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels