Kali Court: "Nickel and dimed with bad food to boot" Kali Court Tip by SoonToBeMrsHawk

Kali Court, Baltimore: 1 reviews and 0 photos

The decor of this restaurant is very dark and relaxing, but the tables were a bit too close for comfort.

We arrived when they opened and all tables were empty. Instead of seating us, they had us go to the bar..... good ploy to wrangle two drinks out of us, because surprisingly enough, when our drinks were 1/2 done, our table was magically ready, although no one had gone anywhere near it in the meantime to ready it.

When we sat down, we were offered bottled water to purchase..Perrier, San Pelligrino type, which we declined to the dismay of our waiter. He looked at us like we had two heads when we didn't want the water. It took a bit of time to get regular water after that.

This was a birthday celebration meal, so we hoping to have a good time. I ordered a bottle of wine..one that I know is good, but that isn't anything rare. It took almost 15 minutes for the wine to be served. We were still the only ones in the restaurant at this point, so I'm not sure what the problem was.

We ordered our meals. Their menu is a la carte, so you have to pay 7.95 for a side salad and also additional $ for a vegetable with your entree. I ordered crabcakes and my fiance ordered arctic char. The crabcakes were so spicy that I couldn't eat them. I don't mind spice, but a good chef doesn't overpower his food with spices, he adds enough to make the dish better. We didn't even bother with dessert because we just wanted to end the misery. My fiance got sick less than an hour after we returned to our hotel room...I'm assuming from the char.

I do not mind paying $$$$ for a great meal and routinely do so, but from the moment we arrived, I had a bad taste in my mouth for the place. Slow, unfriendly service and not up to the standards food.

I would not recommend or return to this restaurant.

Address: Fells Point
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (410) 276-4700
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.kaliscourt.com/

• Updated May 27, 2004

More Restaurants in Baltimore (1)

Comments

SoonToBeMrsHawk

“Do we have to go home?”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Baltimore?