"Argosy cruise" Argosy Cruise Tip by theserene1

Argosy Cruise, Seattle: 14 reviews and 12 photos

view from the boat cruise
by theserene1

Like I mentioned in the intro, this cruise is a nice way to spend the afternoon and to see the city from the water, starting from Lake Washington. Going through the mechanics of the lock is really interesting, I've never experienced anything like it before. On a good day you can see the mountians...

The cruise is narrated so you'll get all the history and fun-facts you'll need. I wasn't really paying attention; I was snapping away. And there's a snack shop on board too, so you can enjoy all the wine you need. Make sure to prop 'em up firmly when you lay your (plastic) cups down- don't want any spillage on the moving boat..

Of those who are interested, you can also see the industrial/commerial port with all the giant dinosaur-like machinery, the huge tankers etc.

For the animal enthusists, there are the seals, of which you can catch a glimpse of pretty close, hopefully... the array of birds and of course the funny family of little duckies swimming up behind the boat trying to get to the other side of the lock too! They were so cute (as you can see from the other photo).

Once you are done with the cruise, you get off the boat, collect your snap-shots (you have to pay for them) and then take a coach back to where you started from- it doesn't take very long. Maybe 10 mins.

You'll pass by the Musem of Music (I'm sorry I dunno if that's the actual name) and the Space Needle on the way back to Pier 55.

Oh another thing... if you want to rent a little speed boat just for a little private boat-ride, around the waters, you
can too. I was gonna do that but I didn't have enough time. I'm sorry I don't have any information on where to get that organised..

Address: Kirkland city dock Pier 55, Seattle, WA 98101
Directions: Go up Kirkland Ave, 4hr free parking available at the Peter Kirk Municipal Library or just park (by meter) under the freeway across the street from the dock.
Phone: +1 800 642 7816/ +1 206 623 4252
Website: http://www.argosycruise.com

• Written May 27, 2004

More Things to Do in Seattle (1)

“I don't have a proper home, BUT I SURE HAVE A BIGGER ONE.”

Have you been to Seattle?