"Winter Scenery - Mountains and Snow" Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Things to Do Tip by scotlandscotour
Scotland Things to Do: 1,337 reviews and 2,738 photos
Scotland has snow every winter and despite generally mild winters by the sea, its mountains are surprisingly viscious and dangerous to the unprepared.
However, you can enjoy the beauty and peaceful solitude of the mountains without risking your neck on ice and snow.
And there is virtually no one about!!!
Watch out for deer on the roads in winter and remember the daylight is shorter - dark by 4pm in December. However, in March (when we took this picture) you have the best of both worlds!
Directions: Highlands - north of Edinburgh / Glasgow.
More Things to Do in Scotland (21)
More Reviews (73)
- See All The Best - as chosen by you
- See All Stay with the Locals - for free
- See All Public Transport Nightmare
- See All The Highland Clearances - Fishing...
- See All Hidden Secrets of the Past - Exploring...
- See All Megabus Fails To Show Up
- See All A Superb Cycle Tour - To Isle of Skye
- See All Whisky, Music, Dance, Laughter ......
- See All Cairngorm "Funny Car" - Fleecing...
- See All Fresh and Delicious Food, Every Time!
- Instant Barbeque Packs - All The Rage in...
- Four Seasons in One Day! Ever Changing...
scotlandscotour's Related Pages
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels