"Whitsunday Islands" Australia Things to Do Tip by bluesmama

Australia Things to Do: 1,336 reviews and 2,265 photos

Tallarook V - Whitsundays
by bluesmama

From Airlie Beach I went on a 3 day boat trip (on the boat Tallarook V) around the Whitsunday Islands. And after 2 hours (when the anti sea sickness pill began working) it was wonderful. I think everybody should take such a trip.
It was only in the beginning that the weather was really bad. Still as long as I stayed outside in the fresh air I was OK. There was a poor israeli girl who kept throwing up for hours on end, but she was the only one who was really sick.
It is the most wonderful thing to be rocked to sleep by the waves, so calming. We had the opportunity to go diving if we wanted to, I didn't - I just snokled instead.
We went to Whitehaven Beach - the most wonderfully bright white tiny sand grains (I think they use the sand for hour glasses) and eventhough I covered myself in sun lotion several times (I have red hair; even in the danish summer I end up red like a cooked lobster at least once every year) and put a hat over my face when I laid down my chin was as red as Rudolf's nose afterwards. Looked really silly - the only place on my body that was burnt - but still; better than all over, right?

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written May 24, 2004

“If it's got a spitz I gotta climb it!”

Have you been to Australia?