VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Taste Raw Litchi-Scented Honey" Top 5 Page for this destination Mekong Tip by bpacker

Mekong, Ho Chi Minh City: 32 reviews and 57 photos

Honey Dippin' experience
by bpacker

How would you like to dip your finger into a gooey honeycomb, complete with swarming bees? This chappie did that to me before way before I could say , " holy mother of all bees.."
Well, the good news is that I still have my finger and the bees were too engrossed in their sticky dance to bother about a fat projectile destroying their dancefloor.
Raw, Litchi-scented honey stuck to my fingers and they tasted oh-so-heavenly...The month of May or late April is Litchi-flower bloomin' season and the bees would carry the scent of the flowers to the honey. Hmm, I bought a bottle of this honey later for $2. How could I resist?
Well if this experience appeals to you, go insure your finger first and sign up for a Mekong Delta trip that includes a visit to a bee farm.

For more wierd stories and pictures, visit b'packer's hcmc page

Website: http://www.sinhcafevn.com

• Updated Aug 21, 2004

Comments

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?