"Hanging Bridges" Top 5 Page for this destination Arenal Things to Do Tip by doogienj

Arenal Things to Do: 34 reviews and 57 photos

Hanging Bridge
by doogienj

The hanging bridges is a series of bridges that are suspended in the rain forest of area or vegetation or creeks. Some of the bridges are 80 meters long, and a good 30-40 meters above the ground.

The bridges are connected with a walking trail which is narrow enought that you cannot walk next to each other. Being in the rain forest and hearing everthing was pretty amazing. I did not really see too many animals. If you do this, make sure to do it with a guide, wear proper hiking shoes, and bring water to drink, as it's pretty hot and extremely humid.

I made a big mistake and did this walk alone, and in my boat shoes. If I would to it again, it would do it with a group and guide. I have a huge snake fobia. And I thought every sound, branch and root was one of the 136 species of snakes.

I almost ran the last 1/2 to get out, and was very happy to see my car. And I didn't see any snakes:)

Directions: There are several ones. I did the one by the begining of Lake Arenal if you are driving from the Tabacon Resort.

• Written May 22, 2004

More Things to Do in Arenal (1)

Comments

doogienj

“I need more vacation time...”

Have you been to Arenal?