Little Doon House: "Treated like a friend of the family in Bikaner!" State of Rajasthan Hotel Tip by crashbandicoot

State of Rajasthan Hotels: 31 reviews and 57 photos

I turned up at this place several weeks into my visit, feeling the worst for wear.
I stayed twice as long as i had expected and was treated wonderfully by Tony and his family.
Tony advised me on my visit within Bikaner town, and on more than one occassion personally took me to other nearby locations on the back of his scooter!
To top it all, the rooms were modern, spacious and immaculately kept. The food was great - except on the day I offered to help in the kitchen!
Little Doon house is the most "homely" place i've ever stayed away from my home!
I tell my friends visiting India/Rajhastan to make the (fairly) unusual trip to visit the town of Bikaner, not least in order to stay at Little Doon House and experience even a small fraction of the generosity I was offered.

Unique Qualities: My entire stay at Little Doon House was unique, thanks to the Khanna family. I have since stayed in similar settings (with families), but have yet to find anywhere quite like this one.
Please contact me (Tim) on +44 7813 942720 if you're thinking of staying in Bikaner and would like any further convincing(!!)

Address: c/o Doon Beauty Parlour, 5-C-86, Jai Narayan Vyas Colony, Vivekanand School Rd, Bikaner, Rajasthan, 334001, INDIA
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: This place is not in the centre of town, probably about 25minutes walk to the East. I walked it once or twice, but would normally take an auto rickshaw. It is at JN Vyas Colony
Phone: +91 (0) 1512230958
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

crashbandicoot

“I don't get out enough!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to State of Rajasthan?