"Great views from Paphos Fort." Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos - Pafos Tip by rachel_sun

Paphos - Pafos, Cyprus: 71 reviews and 151 photos

Paphos Fort
by rachel_sun

One day we decided to take a walk down Kato Paphos harbour area.You can walk along next to the sea and past some nice bars and restaurants.There are a few people trying to sell boat trips and a polite no sends them away.As we walked along I spotted a huge building right at the end of the harbour where the land meets the sea.It was Paphos Fort.I wanted to go and take a look inside.So my nanny found a shady seat while my mum and I went in.My nanny could not climb the stairs as she is getting on and decided to skip going in.So my mum and I paid the entrance fee which was 0.75 cy.Inside there was nothing much to see but you could climb up some stairs and stand on the roof and get breath taking views of the new harbour area.The Fort is remains of an earlier fort that was built in 1391.I think it is worth seeing for the wonderful views from the roof terreace.It is also nice and cool inside.It is worth just the 10 minutes to take a look.And it does not cost much so do go and have a look if you get the time.

Directions: Kato Paphos harbour.Open 9am daily til 7.30pm(5pm from October to April).

• Updated Jun 1, 2004

Comments

rachel_sun Visits Here Frequently!

rachel_sun

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Have you been to Cyprus?