"Aphrodites Rock beach was well worth visiting." Top 5 Page for this destination Aphrodite?s Rock - Petra tou Romiou Tip by rachel_sun

Mum at Aphrodites Rock Beach
by rachel_sun

The Legend of Aphrodite's Rock comes from the following story.People say that Aphrodite(ancient patron goddess of Cyprus) came out of the sea here in a wave.People come here also to watch the amazing sunsets.After we had spent around 10 minutes admiring the wonderful scenery we went back to the car and drove alittle further.After about 1.5 km East we saw a viewpoint so we decided to pull over.The carpark was on the right hand side right on the cliff.There was an icecream cart here too.The view was superb.You could see right along the coast down to the Rock.The colour of the sea was greeny blue.Think the limey rock caused this.This is a must see as the views and the photo opertunities are excellent.I have never seen such a stunning view.As the cliff was very high you could look down on the dramatic coastline and get the best view ever.There was also a beautiful refrshing breeze.We then enjoyed an icecream and a cold drink from the icecream cart.I think this part of Cyprus had the most amazing coastline and will go back here next time I return.Next time I will make a picnic up and walk along the beautiful beach and enjoy this amazing location.

Address: Near Paphos
Directions: Fabulous beaches.

• Updated Jun 4, 2004

rachel_sun Visits Here Frequently!

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Have you been to Cyprus?