"Hiking west of Lillehammer" Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Things to Do Tip by Saagar
Lillehammer Things to Do: 72 reviews and 111 photos
West of Lillehammer, about half-way toward Torpa in the next municipality, there is a releatively little used trail system. The main trail south-north is newly established, and continues from the drop-off point at Storlondammen on the Lillehammer-Torpa/Dokka road through Gausdal Vestfjell and further toward Jotunheimen.
The area is mainly forested (spruce, birch) and dotted with lakes and marshland. Local DNT unstaffed huts provide shelter along the route. There is one small mountain worth noting, Skjellbreida (or Prestkjerringa) about 1000 m. Further north of Dokka reservoir is the Ormtjernkampen National Park, Norway's smallest. It is noted for old-growth spruce trees and interesting flora.
Directions: In order to obtain exact information, contact the Lillehammer Tourist Office or the Lillehammer DNT branch office in Storgata street.
More Things to Do in Lillehammer (20)
More Reviews (58)
- See All Sjusjøen web camera and ski info
- See All Night itinerary in Lillehammer city...
- Storgaten - the main street pedestrian...
- See All Very popular among motorists and locals
- See All Blåmann for variety and taste
- See All Designer outerwear, fishing and hunting
- See All By ship to/from Lillehammer
- See All The Mesna River in winter
- Lillehammer was always a tourist trap
- Cold in Lillehammer...
- See All Drunks past midnight in more than one...
- See All The "spark"
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Lillehammer?Share Your Travels