"Handy for Shopping and the Railroad Station" Old Waverley Hotel Tip by CdnJane

Old Waverley Hotel, Edinburgh: 1,793 reviews and 1 photos

It was my great aunt in Tobermory who suggested The Old Waverly to my friend and I, and while a little more than we had planned to pay, we figured the location paid for itself, and in savings due to the fact that we didn't have to have a cab get us from the train station.
The room we had was a huge twin-bedded room with a view over Princes Street and the Scott Monument. The beds were comfortable, but we did find that the room was (surprising for Scotland) a little too warm at night, and we couldn't figure out how to turn it down. (Call housekeeping??? What a silly idea!!!)
However, we were young and resilliant, and had walked ourselves into exhaustion so it wasn't a big deal.
I just adored the location, with the shopping around, close to catching the train, or car rentals too, lots of restaurants and pubs to check out, and the city tours started just across the road.

Unique Qualities: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION - that is the biggest selling feature.
The breakfast buffet was really quite something too. Certainly meant that we didn't have to worry about lunch, after such a filling meal.

Address: 43 Princes Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH2
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +44 131 556 4648
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.oldwaverley.co.uk/

• Written May 17, 2004

Comments

CdnJane

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Have you been to Edinburgh?