"Great view for a hotel in the middle of Texas" Days Inn Junction Tip by Bela_LUng

Days Inn Junction, Junction: 93 reviews and 0 photos

It was late at night and my friend and I needed a place to crash. We had chosen junction on a whim as we planned our trip. We ended up in Junction in the middle of the night as large storms passed to the west of us.

The hotel itself is located just off the I-10 and on a hill (the whole area is up and down hills which we missed since we were travelling in the darkness of night) and offered us a great view of the plains of Texas to the west of Junction. Since there was thunder and lightning we could see quite the spectable on the balcony.

The hotel rooms themselves are adequate and the beds comfy. The bathrooms are clean and offer an OK bath with shower. There is free parking on site.

The breakfast (I believe offfered for free) is....well...inexpensive at best :) hehhe. As we stumbled by at 7am, then small "kitchen" smelled like someone had burnt some waffles or so. We decided to pass and pick something up on the road.

However, Junction is located pretty much in the middle of nowhere and well, there's not much around other 1 McDonalds, and a gas station. If you want to eat in the morning, do it at the hotel or at the McDonalds. After that you are driving for at least 2 hours before you hit something eadible.

Hotel rate was higher then expected - 60 US dollars, but we arrived quite late so that may have been the reason for that.

Unique Qualities: Nice views!

Address: 111 Martinez St, Junction, TX 76849
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 13254463730
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: https://www.choicehotels.com/texas/junction/econo-lodge-hotels/txa43

• Written May 10, 2004

“I'm in!!!”

Have you been to Junction?