"Tip of the (Green) Hat to Mama Hahn" Nha Trang Things to Do Tip by Blatherwick

Nha Trang Things to Do: 177 reviews and 382 photos

Green Hat Boat Tour
by Blatherwick

Nha Trang is well known for its boat tours that run to the offshore islands. Mama Hahn was the person that started these tours and even though she isn't allowed to operate the tours anymore, many of us who took the tour with her will never forget her.

Mama Hahn ran the best party boats anywhere in the world as far as I'm concerned. How could you beat going to four islands for $7 US. The first island involved snorkeling. The second saw a big seafood lunch. The third was the opening of the floating bar. The fourth was basically relaxing. The price included as much "funny smoke" as you could handle. One Viet Kieu commented that we looked like a boat full of refugees when we got off.

It was always a good time and I pity the idiots that thought that they could out party Mama Hahn. The boat tours still go and are still pleasant. However, they have become increasingly family oriented. Even though Mama Hahn eventually ran into trouble with the authorities we still remember what a true party boat is like.

• Written May 10, 2004

Comments

Blatherwick

“I'm lost...again.”

Have you been to Nha Trang?