The Keg: "Is that a Baseball or a Hunk of Steak?" Top 5 Page for this destination The Keg Tip by CdnJane
The Keg, Toronto: 2 reviews and 1 photos
So, what do I mean about "the Baseball" - well one of the cuts of steak (Cdn Beef) is called the baseball because it is about that big and thick. You can only get it cooked to Medium Rare, I believe.. maybe Medium. When you are hungry for that hunk of steak consider it.
The Keg is found all over Toronto, and elsewhere in Ontario and probably the country too. The main Keg is The Keg Mansion on Jarvis St near Wellesley, and is a large old 19th Century house which is quite a nice place to go out to with a group, or just on a special night. There is a Keg down the block from me, so every so often I pop in for a steak treat. I know that the food is consistent and I love the seasonings.
Favorite Dish: I usually get one of the Classic meals which includes Caesar Salad, your meat, vegetables, mushrooms, and potato or rice. They offer a choice of Sirloin or Teryaki classic, the New York classic, Filet classic or the Prime Rib classic. mmmmm I shouldn't write things like this before dinner!
When I think my arteries really need blocking, I adore the baked garlic shrimp starter, swimming in garlic, herbs and cheeses... their warm, sourdough bread is just perfect to help soak up the garlic oil. Yummmmmm
If you are ordering a drink, you can get regular or KEG size... don't drive afterwards please if you get the Keg size.
Address: All over the place
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: The picture shows the Keg at Yonge & Sheppard, on the lower level which is now CLOSED
More Restaurants in Toronto (41)
More Reviews (69)
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels