"Rural roads in Nepal" Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Saagar
Nepal Warnings and Dangers: 147 reviews and 135 photos
The way rural roads are made is often a combination of back-breaking hand work and a rented bulldozer.
So people and engine bully themselves at an even leve across the steepest of hillsides with little or no planning or concern. Consequently, the rural roads in Nepal are in a sorry state during and after the monsoon.
Some roads like this which I have travelled on I would think are quite risky, especially during heavy rains. If you hire a vehicle and fill it with people, you are also definitely responsible for the vehicle and the people on board. A third-party insurance will help, but only so much.
If you travel into a trekking area or the like on such roads make sure the conditions are safe first - enquire locally.
More Warnings and Dangers in Nepal (23)
More Reviews (84)
- See All A Room with a View - Dhulikhel
- See All Typical "Nepal activities" on a budget
- See All Nepal is growing good coffee
- See All Vehicle hire at National Tours Services
- See All Short time, high up mountain treks in...
- See All Eateries in Nepal
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels