Lone Star Cafe: "Eating steak in Texas...it's the right thing to do" San Antonio Restaurant Tip by Bela_LUng

San Antonio Restaurants: 229 reviews and 254 photos

So I wanted a steak while in Texas and was sick of walking around the Riverwalk area with an empty stomach. So I ended up stopping at the Lone Star Cafe. Which we have back home....so that tells you how hungry I was! It was like "Beef damnit! I want beef now! GIMME BEEF!" It's almost crazy. Ok, well, it was indeed crazy.

So, here I was sitting on the second floor of the Lone Star eating a steak and watching people walk by along the river. Great stuff. The view was great. The food was ok I guess. Just as good as back home.

The menu at the Lone Star is pretty typical american. Beef, chicken, pasta, pizza, salads and some mexican styled foods (fajitas baby!). They serve booze too, so that helps with the shine.

I'd go to another place next time, just on the fact that I can go to the Lone Star while at home anytime. But if you need a bite to eat, this is definetly a good place to go to.

The cost is generally about 10 to 15 dollars per person plus booze.

Favorite Dish: Fajitas.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Somewhere along the River. Erm. I was too drunk to tell and hungry to tell :)
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: American

• Written May 8, 2004

Comments

Bela_LUng

“I'm in!!!”

Have you been to San Antonio?