"Leave your shoes outside" Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Local Custom Tip by Saagar
Nepal Local Customs: 161 reviews and 190 photos
When invited to a home and asked to come in, leave your shoes before you cross the doorstep. Try to do so even if people ask you not to bother.
Shoes are both physically and ritually unclean.
If you know you will end up visiting many family homes, bring a pair of flip-flops.
More Local Customs in Nepal (9)
More Reviews (98)
- See All ADULTERATED DRINKS AND FOOD
- See All A Room with a View - Dhulikhel
- See All Typical "Nepal activities" on a budget
- See All Nepal is growing good coffee
- See All Vehicle hire at National Tours Services
- See All Short time, high up mountain treks in...
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels