"Louvre - a tourist-trap or a must to see-thing...?" Louvre Tip by Henrik_rrb

Louvre, Paris: 796 reviews and 1,585 photos

Mona Lisa - can you see it...?
by Henrik_rrb

Mona Lisa - can you see it...?
      The Louvre, and the pyramide
    by Henrik_rrb
      The Louvre, seen from the arc
    by Henrik_rrb
      The world's most famous painting?
    by Henrik_rrb
      Might have been a good idea to play football...?
    by Henrik_rrb

I was actually thinking of placing The museum, the Louvre, under "tourist traps", but then I thought it would be a bit too rude against all art-lovers.
But the thruth is I wasn't even closed to get impressed of this museum in common, and of Mona Lisa in particular.

For me, a guy who prefers a football-game before 100 Mona Lisa-paintings, it was quite disappointing when I finally found the painting. It's small, you can't see it good since there are like 200 people around you, and all of them are trying to get the best photo-shoot, with flash - even if it said "totally forbidden" on big signs...

Above that, where was that famous secret smile everyone has been talking about...?

Outside, in the park, there was a bunch of italian youngster who had found a football and played a wild game on a grassfield. I almost wished I had done that too, instead of spending 3 hours in the Louvre... But I guess it's a "must see thing" anyway...?

If you want my opion of the best museum in Paris, I would say "Musée d'Orsay" instead!

Address: 99 rue de Rivoli, Paris, France, 75058
Directions: As everything else, just follow the Seine and you'll find the park of the Louvre. It might be a bit hard to find the entrance, since it's really small. But just follow the signs.
Phone: +33 1 40 20 50 50
Website: http://www.louvre.fr

• Updated May 6, 2004

Comments

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Paris?