"Jute carpets" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh Shopping Tip by Saagar
Bangladesh Shopping: 13 reviews and 11 photos
Several places offer colorful and beautiful jute carpets for sale. They tend to come in the prayer rug size as the standard, and then as larger floor covers, runners etc.
Jute carpets do not survive very long, they get worn and frayed after some time of use as floor rugs. OK for wall decorations and as prayer mats, though.
For the floor, you better look outside Bangladesh to find South Asian and Central Asian silk carpets (plenty of cash at hand is a must) or cotton or wool carpets from India or Tibetan style wool carpets from Nepal.
What to buy: Jute carpets.
What to pay: 20 dollars and up, depending on size.
Theme: Local Craft
More Shopping in Bangladesh (10)
More Reviews (67)
- See All Good coverage of Bangladesh on Google...
- See All Delhi Night Life
- See All Airlines' domestic routes in B'desh
- See All Hot chillies
- Sweet peanut sellers
- See All Buddhist influence in the Raozan area of...
- See All Flimsy bridges
- See All Maheskhali Island Buddhist stupas
- See All Appropriate dress for women.
- See All Tired of Chittagong City?
- See All Hotel in Comilla
- Packing for Bangladesh
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Bangladesh?Share Your Travels