"Mother-of-pearl clouds" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Things to Do Tip by Saagar
Norway Things to Do: 771 reviews and 1,349 photos
Up north towards the Arctic latitudes the chances of seeing mother-of pearl clouds is quite good.
The clouds form often on otherwise clear, cold winter days toward the evening when the sun is low.
The are actually ice crystals formed extremely high up in the strathosphere, 20 km up.
The clouds - and the extraordinary shine they give off - are very. very beautiful. Don't confuse it with Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) though.
Keep your head cocked toward the sky!
And - it's free!!!!
Address: Up in the sky....
Directions: Northwards, generally
More Things to Do in Norway (34)
More Reviews (127)
- See All Re what currency to bring to Norway
- See All Hiking on the cheap - base camp in Oslo
- See All In the heart of Jotunheimen
- See All Best chocolate in Norway:
- See All A guide to 445 Norwegian harbours
- See All Cheap air tickets to/from Norway
- See All Cheapest beer in Norway
- See All Drinking and alcohol in Norway
- See All Norwegian State Railways Oslo to Gjøvik
- See All Bring drinks!
- See All Tired of E6? Divert over...
- Nightlife, ship, hotel, restaurant and...
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels