"Take the Safe Route on the ABC Trek" Top 5 Page for this destination Trekking Tip by into-thin-air
Trekking, Nepal: 82 reviews and 181 photos
Just above Deurali you have an option whether to stay on the left hand side ( going up ) of the Modi Khola or cross the river on a temporary bridge and trek up the right hand side, then re-cross the river at Bagar, This alternative route has been put in because of the risk of avalanche and you are Well advised to take it, particularly in the Spring trekking season, 4 people were killed on this stretch of path in 2002 !!!!
2006 -- As far as I am aware, the information in this tip is still as good now as when I wrote it in 2004 -- Happy Travels in Nepal -- Rob
More Sports & Outdoors in Nepal (63)
More Reviews (284)
- See All Endearing memories of my Annapurna...
- See All Other shorter options for trekking Mardi...
- See All The dangers of not acclimating properly
- See All Ideas for Day Trips from Kathmandu
- See All Service Charges and Taxes
- See All Average Numbers arriving in Nepal
- See All Best and Cheapest Breakfast in Kathmandu
- See All Getting from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- See All Mardi Himal Loop Night 8
- See All Paintings by local artists
- See All Thermorest / Cary-Mat while Teahouse...
- See All Great Ambiance ;-)
into-thin-air's Related Pages
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels