"More than Just a Train Station" Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Transportation Tip by CdnJane
Toronto Transportation: 337 reviews and 346 photos
Union Station is, of course, the main rail station for Toronto. Located on Front Street between Bay St and York St, across from The Royal York hotel, and connected by tunnels to the Air Canada Centre to the south, and to the Royal York Hotel and then The P.A.T.H - the underground route of tunnels through the business section of downtown Toronto.
The Grand Hall - or the main, ground level, area of the Departures and Ticket sales, car rentals, and information - has beautiful architectural elements if you look up, but the main features are the 2 huge windows the dominate either end of the hall. They have appeared in a number of American films and tv shows portraying New Yorks Grand Central Station - most remarkably in the movie, SilverStreak, where the train comes smashing through the big window.
Union Station is also the connection to the TTC subway system, "GO" trains & buses, and the LRT (Light Rapid Transit) system down to Queen's Quay.
More Reviews (102)
- See All Don't Have to Be an Idiot to Go Here
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels