Nissa Soca: "Quick service" Top 5 Page for this destination Nissa Soca Tip by Elainehead

Nissa Soca, Nice: 3 reviews and 6 photos

This small restaurant serves local food. The decoration is very simple.
The first time I came here, my husband and I sat on a table close to the entrance and the food was prepared in front of us. The kitchen is on a very small corner by the entrance.
Good portions of food and quick service. I had raviolli and my husband had canelloni. I don't remember the exact prices of our dishes but it was cheap.

So a few years later, we decide to come back to have lunch again. The place changed a bit. The staff is a lot younger and the tablecloth is now cheery (green and yellow). Oh well, no more writing your order on white paper tablecloth...

This time I ordered the cheapest lunch menu (12.50 Euros), which was "beignets et farcies" (deep fried vegetables and stuffed vegetables) with a salad (side dish) and dessert (pie or ice-cream). The portion is still generous, but the food wasn't extraordinary. I don't think I will order "beignets" or "farcies" there... My husband chose the 15 Euro-menu: entrance + main dish + dessert. He had the beignets and Eggplant Parmigiana. He didn't like very much his beignets but loved the main dish. For dessert, I picked ice-cream and he, the apple pie. The ice-cream is probably Carte D'Or or something like that (2 scoops with a straw biscuit), so nothing special. The apple pie looked homemade and my husband said it was good. The service was very quick and the waiter and waitress were very nice (kinda difficult to find nowadays).

We overheard someone complaining that his cooked egg on his salad wasn't fresh... Hmmmm...

Tap water (carafe d'eau): Free

Coca-cola: 2 Euros

Credit cards accepted.

Open hours:
Tuesday to Saturday, from midday to 2 PM and 7 PM to 11 PM

Also open one Monday out of two.

Annual closing from June 1 to June 6
Winter closing from New Year's eve and day.

Address: 7, rue Sainte-Reparate
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Vieux Nice
Phone: 04 93 80 18 35
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Updated May 13, 2007

Comments

Elainehead Lives Here!

Elainehead

“Everything is temporary these days...”

Have you been to Nice?