"Intecontinental flights to Oslo" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Transportation Tip by Saagar
Norway Transportation: 216 reviews and 187 photos
Norway is off the map of intercontinental flights. It's a hard pill to swallow for self-conscious Norwegians. But it's a fact, this is the ultimate European periphery. At the time of writing (Nov 04) there are only these flights from beyond Europe:
- Pakistan International Airlines to/from Islamabad.
- Continental Airlines to/from Newark (New Jersey/New York). SAS discontinued their nice and homely morning flight and the route was taken over by Continental.
- Iran Air to/from Teheran via Larnaca.
In addition there are charter flights to several intercontinental destinations, but these rarely figure on the dashboard of travel agents when you ask for an A to B ticket. You can still buy a seat on some charter flights without taking the whole package, though.
For all other intercontinental travel we need to travel via a hub depending on the chosen ticket/airline: Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris, London, Brussels, Zurich etc. Most convenient (I think) is Copenhagen, 50 minutes away from Oslo, it's an efficient airport.
Of good connections via the hubs, I'd like to mention Thai or SAS from Copenhagen or Stockholm to Bangkok, SAS via Copenhagen to China and Tokyo, Finnair to the Far East via Helsinki, via Paris, Frankfurt or London to Africa, via Amsterdam or London to Latin America.
More Transportation in Norway (32)
More Reviews (129)
- See All Hurtigruten cruise in 5 minutes - save...
- See All Re what currency to bring to Norway
- See All Hiking on the cheap - base camp in Oslo
- See All In the heart of Jotunheimen
- See All Best chocolate in Norway:
- See All Cheap air tickets to/from Norway
- See All Cheapest beer in Norway
- See All Drinking and alcohol in Norway
- See All Norwegian State Railways Oslo to Gjøvik
- See All Bring drinks!
- See All Tired of E6? Divert over...
- Nightlife, ship, hotel, restaurant and...
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels