Mediterranean Bakery & Deli: "Specialising in Mediterranean Food" Top 5 Page for this destination Mediterranean Bakery & Deli Tip by b1bob

Mediterranean Bakery
by b1bob

The Mediterranean Bakery and Deli is a combination restaurant, deli, and grocery store located in Richmond's West End near the Regency Square Mall. On running out and about one Saturday shopping for international food, I had lunch there. As I waited for a brief but torrential downpour to pass, I took a look at the small grocery. They have all the fillo dough, stuffed grape leaves (whether ready-made in a tin or just the leaves in a bottle) I could want. This doesn't count all the unique Mediterranean confections, snacks, and baked goods.

Favorite Dish: I had the combination which would normally include souvlaki (with chicken, tomatoes, and mushrooms), tzatziki (a white yogurt sauce), and rice. However, I substituted the tzatziki for a double order of tabouli. I also had some mediocre baklava for dessert. I'm used to it being a lot sweeter.

Address: 9004 Quioccasin Road, Richmond, VA 23229
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (804) 754-8895
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Middle Eastern

• Updated Jun 19, 2006

b1bob Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Richmond?