"Jalan Jaksa: backpackers' paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Central Jakarta Tip by latte18
Central Jakarta, Jakarta: 40 reviews and 53 photos
Many backpackers visiting Jakarta opt to stay at the many hostels along Jalan Jaksa and the surrounding area. It's right in the middle of downtown, near the railway station, and the only place with lots of cheap accomodations. When they go back to their countries, they share the secrets of Jalan Jaksa to their fellow backpackers, thus through this simple word-of-mouth promotion, Jalan Jaksa has gained enormous fame among backpackers worldwide.
Besides being home to many hostels and small hotels here, Jalan Jaksa is also teeming with pubs and cafes. Money changers have also set up shops here. This place is practically alive 24 hours a day, with backpackers interacting with locals and each other and share the secrets of the road.
Each year, during the anniversary of Jakarta, the annual Jalan Jaksa Festival is held. The street is decorated with colorful decorations and food vendors, kiosks, and temporary shops crowd the street's sidewalk.
Address: Jalan Jaksa
Directions: Central Jakarta
More Reviews (42)
- See All food delivery to your doorstep
- See All Nighttime Serenades
- See All airport tax and departure tax
- some pointers on how to get along with...
- See All exercise caution @ intersections
- packing for the tropics
- See All A Great SALEabration 2004
- See All Indonesian luxury
- See All Paintball: experience the battlefield...
- See All The Farmer's Statue
- a myriad of choices!
- bring clean, unused, fresh-from-the-bank...
latte18's Related Pages
Have you been to Jakarta?Share Your Travels