"Prepare your gratin Dauphinois (Dauphiné style)" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhône-Alpes Things to Do Tip by JLBG
Rhône-Alpes Things to Do: 20 reviews and 19 photos
Servings : 4
1500 g potatoes (a kind that will not mash)
0,5 l whole cream
milk if not enough cream (or for weight-watchers !)
4 garlic heads (about 40 garlic cloves)
- slice the potatoes (2-3 mm thick) and arrange one layer in a gratin dish.
- Crush the garlic and put some on the potatoes (keep for other layers)
- grind some pepper, add some salt
- coat with cream (keep for other layers)
- add a second layer of potatoes, etc? In the end, the potatoes should be coated with cream or cream + milk
- in the end, the dish should not be to full : when boiling, it would overflow.
- bake for 60-90 minutes 210?C until well cooked.
-in the end, grill to make the top crunchy.
More Things to Do in Rhône-Alpes (6)
JLBG's Related Pages
Have you been to Rhône-Alpes?Share Your Travels