"Prepare your kid Dauphiné style (Easter dish)" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhône-Alpes Things to Do Tip by JLBG
Rhône-Alpes Things to Do: 20 reviews and 19 photos
Servings : 4
1500 g kid (no, no, we do not eat our childrens anymore !) (lamb can be used instead of kid)
4 garlic heads (about 40 garlic cloves)
Salt, pepper, laurel, thyme
dry (really dry) white wine
- Cut the kid in large pieces.
- Saute a few minutes in olive oil, to pale brown.
- Add the wine to nearly cover the kid, garlic, salt, pepper, laurel, thyme
- Simmer gently 45 minutes to 1 hour. When the meat is well cooked, take it off and keep separately
- Take off thyme branches and laurel leaves.
- Crush the garlic. If the sauce is too liquid, add some thickener (corn flour for example). The sauce should be moderately syrupy
- Put the kid back into the sauce and serve with boiled potatoes or with pastas ("crozets" do very well)
More Things to Do in Rhône-Alpes (6)
JLBG's Related Pages
Have you been to Rhône-Alpes?Share Your Travels