"Highlands of Scotland in Spring" Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Things to Do Tip by scotlandscotour
Scotland Things to Do: 1,337 reviews and 2,738 photos
See the Highlands in Spring when the new growth brings a lushness and prosperity that reminds you - these lands could and did support families, farms and whole communities, before a mass depopulation in the 18th & 19th centuries (Highland Clearances).
The lichen on this old fencepost reflects the cleanliness of the air, away from car fumes and factories. A plus side to non-development!
I took this shot to demonstrate the typical colours of spring, in the Highlands.
The scene is the Sma' Glen, in Highland Perthshire, just over an hour from Edinburgh, so no excuses - you really must see this!
Address: Sma' Glen, A822 north of Crieff, Perthshire
Directions: Crieff, by Perth, Perthshire
More Things to Do in Scotland (21)
More Reviews (73)
- See All The Best - as chosen by you
- See All Stay with the Locals - for free
- See All Public Transport Nightmare
- See All The Highland Clearances - Fishing...
- See All Hidden Secrets of the Past - Exploring...
- See All Megabus Fails To Show Up
- See All A Superb Cycle Tour - To Isle of Skye
- See All Whisky, Music, Dance, Laughter ......
- See All Cairngorm "Funny Car" - Fleecing...
- See All Fresh and Delicious Food, Every Time!
- Instant Barbeque Packs - All The Rage in...
- Four Seasons in One Day! Ever Changing...
scotlandscotour's Related Pages
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels