"Crafters paradise!" Sales Tip by oneonta_ni

Sales, Paris: 12 reviews and 18 photos

This is a chain of craft shops located throughout France. My sister sent me a magazine clipping that mentioned this place so I tracked it down and thought I had died and gone to heaven - they have some really beautiful bits and pieces here.

There is a shop located on the 3rd floor of the Bon Marche that I was in and didn't realise was part of the chain. They have nice beads and a few other things but I don't remember it being as good as the shop on rue du Jour.

The shop is always packed - with men and women. They have some of the most gorgeous yarns that make me wish I knew how to knit more than just a potholder! They also have loads of beads and a good selection of borders (like you would sew on the hem of a dress - I don't know what these are called!). They have samples on the wall that are really inspirational and there are plenty of staff members to help. If you like to do crafts - you will love this place!

What to buy: I bought some beautiful wool yarn for my step-mother who is an experienced knitter. There are strands of yarn on the wall that I thought were for sale but you need to find a member of staff to 'ball' it for you. It is then sold by the weight.

They have lots of small bits and pieces like tiny flowers to decorate cards or sew on clothes. It is packed with different things and even more packed with shoppers - even during the week!

Address: 9 - 11 rue du Jour, 75001
Directions: Near Les Halles, behind St Eustache.
othercontact: Fax: 01 42 36 30 80
Phone: 01 45 08 93 27
Theme: Hobbies
Website: http://www.ladroguerie.com/

• Updated Apr 22, 2004

More Shopping in Paris (1)

“Give up your day job, your feet were meant to roam...”

Have you been to Paris?