"Flash floods in Pokhara" Top 5 Page for this destination Pokhara Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Saagar
Pokhara Warnings and Dangers: 22 reviews and 16 photos
A few times I have experienced flash floods in Pokhara.
This has been during the post-monsoon period as well as during spring-time visits. Typically, there is a build-up of clouds during the early afternoon, and they burst around 3-4 pm. Huge amounts of wanter may fall in just a short period of time. The lights in the city may go out, the street becomes river, and you might loose your foothold trying to negotiate your way through.
No life-danger, though, just a major nuisance and you may not wish to have your bag and contents taken by the current into Fewa lake as you stumble through the streets.
More Reviews (67)
- See All Rupa Tal lake
- See All Hiring vehicles in Pokhara
- See All Modern amenities, sterile, but good on...
- See All Buying pashmina shawls
- See All Good atmosphere, good Italian food
- See All Pokhara Cyber Cafe
- See All Your mobile phone?
- See All Fishing in Rupa Tal
- See All Mahendrapul & Chipledhunga
- See All Relax and keep warm into the night on...
- See All Chipledhunga in Pokhara city centre
Been to Pokhara?Share your travels with the world!
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Pokhara?Share Your Travels