"Old Firm" Football Tip by cadja

Football, Glasgow: 9 reviews and 8 photos

Alright let's face it, there's no way you're gonna get a ticket to an Old Firm on your vacation. The tickets don't even go on public sale because they're all bought by season ticket holders.

Unless you pay extreme over-prices on e.g. the internet (as much as 1000 has been paid!) there's more or less only one way to get to watch the match live.

Go out to the arena and ask out loud in the crowd for spare tickets. I did so. I went to Ibrox and since I'm a Celtic fan I went for the stand called "Broomloan". Well, you'll notice which one it is on all the green and white people. 20 minutes of random asking and I got my precious ticket. Since it was ten minutes before kick off the guy was just happy to get his money back, why I did NOT have to pay 300 like another guy but the 27 it actually costed.

This is no fool-proof tactics though. Of all who tried during the year I was in Glasgow I was the only one who succeeded to get in, and a friend of mine tried a couple of weeks ago and failed. But it's sure worth the effort if you succeed and if you don't there are plenty of pubs nearby in which you can watch the match never the less.

Address: Ibrox Stadium or Celtic Park
Directions: Ibrox - Subway to the station Ibrox or bus 3, 9, 54, 55, 56 from city centre.
Celtic Park - Bus 43, 46, 89, 90 from city centre.

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Written Apr 21, 2004

More Things to Do in Glasgow (1)

“The true diamonds are not on the map!”

Have you been to Glasgow?