Au Petit Marguery: "Delicious and very French!" Paris Restaurant Tip by oneonta_ni

Paris Restaurants: 2,594 reviews and 3,216 photos

This popular restaurant is located in the 13th arrondisment and when we tried to book a table there last November, we were told they were fully booked for the next 3 days. We had to wait until our visit the following April to find out what all the fuss was about. To be sure we got a table, I phoned the restaurant a week before we left for Paris.

The restaurant is cosy but not cramped and the decor is muted pinks and greens with large mirrors and potted palms. It is bright but not glaringly so.

The staff were very friendly and professional and were quite amused when I asked for une bouteille d'aqua minerale! (I had just finished an Italian class and was having difficulty remembering my French!).

Favorite Dish: When we were seated, we were given a dish with some delicious cheesy bread balls. This kept us going whilst perusing the menu.

We were told the restaurant was known for its game but there was none on the menu that night. GF had a starter of duck pate, a main of pigeon in a mushroom sauce and noodles. I had a starter of ravioli scallops with a very nice sauce and a main of milk fed lamb in parsley sauce with vegetables and roast potatoes.

For dessert, the waiter recommended the Grand Marnier soufflet which was for 2 people. It was really light and fluffy - quite delicious. We also had a bottle of nice white wine.

Overall, we thought the food was very nice but perhaps a bit expensive for what we got. I don't mean that it is a bad restaurant but I have had food that was just as nice and was not as expensive.

It would be a good choice if you want to splurge for a special treat.

Address: 9 boulevard de Port Royal, Paris, 75013
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Apr 20, 2004

“Give up your day job, your feet were meant to roam...”

Have you been to Paris?