"The Battle Theatre" Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg Things to Do Tip by PA2AKgirl

Gettysburg Things to Do: 195 reviews and 416 photos

My grandmother worked in this museum until she was 80 years old! Funny for me to picture her working in a position that requires you to tone down the smart comments...she could be brutal at times. Anyway...the Battle Theatre is exactly what is says it is: it's a museum of a miniature battlefield with 25,000 figures that show you the strategy and timeline of the battle. I like this place more for the show--it's not someone standing there telling you by moving these little figures by hand--the little battlefield is accompanied by a multimedia presentation that runs about 30 minutes.

The gift shop is pretty nice, too. I remember coming in here and getting little erasers in the shapes of fruits and animals. They smelled good. I went looking for them this time around, but there is no evidence of these erasers. Strange-- the things I miss:-)
Thinking about it now, I'm sure the woman who works in the gift shop presently must think I'm crazy coming in and asking for something like erasers.

It recommends you see this and then take the bus tour. They are both owned by the same company

Address: 200 Steinwehr Avenue
Directions: Same place as the other museums...
Phone: 800.447.8788
Website: http://www.gettysburgbattlefieldtours.com

• Written Apr 19, 2004

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Have you been to Gettysburg?