"Dubbo Regional Gallery" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubbo Things to Do Tip by aussiedoug

Dubbo Things to Do: 25 reviews and 57 photos

A painting from the Gallery
by aussiedoug

Took me two goes to find this place, but it was quite worth it when I did.

It's an average sized gallery fairly typical of the size you might find throught regional New South Wales.

Don't know if this has been done intentionally or not, but is is specialising in the theme, "animals in art" & because I had only a briefish visit as mum was elsewhere trying to keep the girls occupied & they were a bit tired & emotional so I knew I'd best not dessert her for too long, I didn;t get to ask anyone if this was a temporary or permanent exhibition.

What I do know was that there were some very good quality artworks on display & if you are heading out to Dubbo then I would recommend adding a visit here to your planned itinerary.

It's opened from Tuesday to Sunday (inclusive) between the hours of 11 a.m. & 4.30 p.m.

It has a gallery shop with an interesting range of cards & gifts.

Directions: If you go out there in the not too distant future then DON'T go to Darling St as advised in the brochures available. It is now in the Dubbo Regional Library which is just about at the end of the main shopping street.
othercontact: gallery@dubbo.nsw.gov.au
Phone: 02 6881 4342

• Written Apr 18, 2004

Comments

aussiedoug

“"We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi”

Have you been to Dubbo?