"When the Sahara comes visiting" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Warnings Or Dangers Tip by NiceLife
Nice Warnings and Dangers: 95 reviews and 76 photos
Once or twice a year the occasional rain in Nice packs an extra punch. It brings with it an estimated several hundred thousand tons of sand, from the African Sahara.
The sky goes an erie murky yellow hue, telling you this is no ordinary weather formation - the desert is on holiday and its coming to Nice.
Overnight the clouds which have picked up sand in their formation, drop their guts over the cote d'azur. Everything and everywhere is covered with fine sand.
Swimming pools become choked with it, cars become "sandy" coloured, and everyone is out mopping up and cleaning away.
More Warnings and Dangers in Nice (25)
More Reviews (164)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All One final "thing to do" - do nothing!
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels