"Piccadilly Circus" Top 5 Page for this destination Piccadilly Tip by sue_stone
Piccadilly, London: 192 reviews and 298 photos
Piccadilly Circus is one of those famous London landmarks that you always see pictures of.
It is at the junction of 5 busy roads and is lit by large electric advertisements at night.
The statue of Eros is at the heart of the junction. Eros was the pagan god of love, and the statue rises above a bronze fountain.
I just read that Piccadilly takes it name from a 17th century frilly collar called a 'piccadil'. Apparently a dressmaker grew very rich making them and then built a house near Piccadilly Circus.
Piccadilly Circus is always bustling and crowded - keep and eye on your valuables!
Address: Piccadilly Circus, SW1
Directions: Nearest Tube: Piccadilly Circus
Phone: +44 343 222 1234
More Reviews (330)
- See All Albion - in Shoreditch
- See All The Champagne Bar in St Pancras...
- See All Grocer on Elgin - in Notting Hill
- See All Guoman Charing Cross (previously the...
- See All Switched on London
- See All Getting to London City Airport
sue_stone's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels