"Dangerous areas of Houston" Top 5 Page for this destination Areas to Avoid / Crime Tip by XenoHumph
Areas to Avoid / Crime, Houston: 24 reviews and 12 photos
I do not know all the areas that could be dangerous in Houston because of crime (assault, burglary, drug...). Here are the ones I know of:
- I certainly would not walk around at night alone in the neighbourhoods surrounding the University of Houston campus although it is getting better now and will probably improve with the new tramway line being built.
- Eastern Houston, especially some areas near the Houston ship channel
- Southwest side: gang related activity at night at appartment complex on South Gessner below Bissonnet ( police district 17)
- 4th ward also called Freedmen's Town used to be dicey, but last time I went, there are so many new condos, townhouses (destroying the quaint houses) that it looks very gentrified!
For more precise info, you can check district by district in the following websites:
- Houston police crime monthly statistics
- Sex offenders database
More Warnings and Dangers in Houston (4)
More Reviews (96)
- See All Fancy Mexican on Westheimer
- See All Haak Winery, South of Houston
- See All Go for the butterflies @ the M. of...
- See All Map of Houston: Caption by Alphabetical...
- See All Farmers Markets are coming to Houston!!!
- See All The Revitalization of Downtown Houston
- See All The new Tramway line
- Houston Theater District
- See All Hotel with great view in Clear Lake
- See All Minute Maid Park
- See All Kemah Boardwalk: expensive and nothing...
Been to Houston?Share your travels with the world!
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels