Bücherbogen in der Nationalgalerie: "Books on art" Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Shopping Tip by matcrazy1

Berlin Shopping: 236 reviews and 289 photos

CATALOGUE OF MOMA EXPOSITION
by matcrazy1

Inside the New National Gallery (Neue Nationalgalerie) I found amazing self-service bookstore with great choice of books on art, especially on architecture, painting of 20th century and history of art, both German and world art. There were many books in English of which a few on history of architecture looked very interested for me.

HOURS:
Tue, Wed, Fri: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm,
Thu: 10.00 am - 9.00 pm,
Sat, Sun: 11.00 am - 6.00 pm,
Monday: closed.

What to buy: I bought this great book on my picture: Das MoMA in Berlin. It was a catalogue of the exposition I visited and it contained pictures of over 200 masterpieces from Museum of Modern Art in New York which were on exposition. Warning: the book was available in German only.

What to pay: I paid 39.00 € for my book. There was the same book with soft cover a few euros cheaper. Hmm... I would pay max. 20 - 25 € for such book in Poland, I think.

Address: Potsdamerstraße 50, 10785 Berlin (Tiergarten)
Directions: U-Bahn and S-Bahn station Potsdamer Platz.
Walk Potsdamer Straße eastwards, then southwards, the New National Gallery on the right before the bridge over Landwehrkanal. The bookstore to the left.
Bus 129, 148, 200, 248, 348.

othercontact: info@buecherbogen.com
Phone: +49 (30) 261 10 90
Theme: Books
Website: http://www.buecherbogen.com/nationalgalerie.html

• Updated Oct 23, 2006

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Berlin?