"Cherry Blossoms" Top 5 Page for this destination Yeouido-dong Tip by jburron
Yeouido-dong, Seoul: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Everything seems to happen in Yeouido. In early April the cherry blossoms come out and we know Spring is here. They also bring out traffic gridlock. Thousands flock to Yeouido (especially near the National Assembly and Hangang and Yeouido Parks) to view the flowers and take pictures with them (millions of pictures!). This makes it hard for us Yeouidoians to get around. Streets are closed down, paths and sidewalks are packed and the subway is like a sardine can.
But it's all worth it. If you like to see Korea at its most Korean you have to see this. Families, couples, salarymen, groups of women all come together to enjoy the air (which seems fresher), sunshine (it doesn't rain in April) and each other (dress is still conservative, but a little less so).
Inline skating, as I found, can be a little tough in these conditions--no one has a clue what that yellow line in the centre of the path means. So, if you want to test your skills this is the place. Kids in prams, on blades and bikes and running (some with kites) are all over the place and old people and groups simply take over many of the paths. It's fun, though, to be in the group. (I think I've been here too long.)
Address: All over West Yeouido.
Directions: Yeouido Station (Line 5) head West (follow the crowds). Yeouinaru Station (Line 5) go to Hangang Park and walk West (away from 63 Building).
Phone: +82 2-786-1112
More Reviews (118)
- See All You May Be Late For Your Meeting
- See All Buxom Ladies Take Note
- See All Another Live Octopus Place
- See All Buying a Custom Suit (In Itaewon)
- See All Seoul: The City of Protests
- See All Charge Your Phone Anywhere (Almost)
- See All Sucky Singing Room in Yeouido
- See All Good Price, unreal TV
- See All Lots of Bikes for Rent
- Hong-Ik University Flea/Free Market
- Achasan = Missed Chance Mountain?
- See All Foreign Fortune Tellers
jburron's Related Pages
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels