"Theatre festivals" Athens Local Custom Tip by janbeeu
Athens Local Customs: 142 reviews and 141 photos
Theatre is still very popular in Greece. Athens alone has almost fifty permanent theatres where you will see every time of drama you can possibly imagine.
In summer, there are some performances in English but at most other times of the year, the performances are almost entirely in Greek. Of course, they are still enjoyable in their originality. It is at the various summer festivals that you will get to see the classics performed with exceptional enthusiasm and talent.
The best-known festival is the Epidaurus Festival. The picturesque setting in an ancient amphitheatre makes the shows at this celebration of theatre really special. There are also performances in some of the other ancient theatres at Dodona, Thassos and Phillipi. Internet research will tell you what is going on in Athens when you are there.
More Reviews (192)
- See All Byzantine Churches 4
- See All About alcohol and love
- See All Buses
- See All Shopping in Athens 2
- See All Post, Currier & Newspapers
- See All Athens - Other sports
- See All Cruise to Poros, Hydra & Aegina - Full...
- See All Packing for (little) children
- See All Village Centre Maroussi
- See All Retsina
- See All Plaka - Bargain
Been to Athens?Share your travels with the world!
janbeeu's Related Pages
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels