"Monument to Fort Dearborn Massacre" Top 5 Page for this destination Architecture & Public Art (outdoor) Tip by Dabs
Architecture & Public Art (outdoor), Chicago: 76 reviews and 111 photos
On the bridge on the northeast and northwest corners of Michigan and Wacker, there are two monuments to the Fort Dearborn Massacre.
Fort Dearborn stood pretty much where this bridge is today. In 1812, the inhabitants of this fort were forced to evacuate and were massacred by the Indians as they fled.
More Off The Beaten Path in Chicago (52)
More Reviews (363)
- See All Popular diner on West Randolph Street
- See All Magnificent Mile hotel
- See All Concert venues-Orchestra Hall
- See All Chicago's flag
- See All Best spots for photography
- See All Chicago Blackhawks
Dabs' Related Pages
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels