"USS Constitution Ship" USS Constitution - Charlestown Navy Yard Tip by lovemycacti
USS Constitution - Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston: 50 reviews and 101 photos
Welcome to real history at her finest! Even people who bore easily will be able to enjoy this still active, in commision, oldest warship in the world. The tour lasts approximately 30-45 minutes and consists of the deck and first floor where the canons are. Our female tour guide was informative, friendly and delivered the history of the ship in a most fascinating manor.
Mid-April to Sept: Tuesday through Sundays from 10am -3:30pm
Contact their website email for info on winter hours and dates
Parking: (We parked at Nautica. Approx. $8)
? Nautica Parking Phone: (617) 723-1488
Location: Constitution Rd., opposite the Navy Yard visitor's center. 5 Minute walk to ship.
- Arrive at least one half hour before each tour to allow yourself to go through their rigorous security procedures.
- All bags, purses, wallets, backpacks, fannypacks, shopping bags, coats, etc. will be searched for weapons, explosives, and contraband.
- Weapons are not allowed on the ship or anywhere in the Navy Yard and the National Park Service may confiscate any weapon (including mace or pepper spray) that is illegal in the State of Massachusetts. For knives, this is anything over 2 1/2 inches.
- Do not confuse the museum with the ship. If you contact one, they won't be able to give you info about the other. We did, and the museum staff was grumpy about it.
- Obviously, weapons aren't allowed on board but don't forget about your other personal items that you may not want the world to know you're carrying. Like feminine hygiene napkins, condoms, etc. If you don't want the whole navy yard knowing, leave it in the car!
Address: Charleston Yard off Constitution Road
Directions: On website.
Phone: (617) 426-1812
More Reviews (1)
lovemycacti's Related Pages
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels