"Unter den Linden" Top 5 Page for this destination Unter den Linden Tip by matcrazy1
Unter den Linden, Berlin: 82 reviews and 120 photos
I was walking along this the most represantitive boulevard of former East Berlin up to the Branderburger Gate when the infamous wall stood in the past.
The street and houses along were (and still are) in rebuilding and renovation process since the wall fell down and it happens again as the houses were complitely destroyed (to the earth) at the end of WWII and remained damaged even till 60' of 20th century.
What was interesting there? A lot of impressive 18th and 19th century, renovated or newly built buildings.
Ok, from the west:
- Branderburg Gate,
- Jakob-Kaiser House - the largest of the Bundestag?s new parliamentary buildings,
- Adlon Hotel building (new),
- Embassy of Russian Federation building,
- Guggenheim Museum (yes, yes - German and new branch of famous NYC museum),
- National Library ( Staatsbibliothek),
- Monument of Frederick the Great (on the horse),
- buildings of Humboldt University,
- Alte Bibliothek (Old Library) and Staatsoper (State Opera),
- buildings of Opernpalais and Konprinzenpalais,
- Neue Wache (New Guardhouse),
- Zeughaus (Arsenal) - amazing baroque building which houses German Historical Museum,
- the Schlossbr?cke bridge where Karl-Liebknechtstra?e with Berliner Dome begins.
Address: Unter den Linden, 10117 Berlin-Mitte
Directions: S-Bahn: Unter den Linden (S1, S2, S25);
U-bahn: Französische Straße (U6);
U-bahn + S-bahn: Fredrichstraße (S1, S2, S5, S7, S9, S25, S75, U6).
Bus 100, 157, 200, 348.
More Things to Do in Berlin (53)
More Reviews (264)
- See All NO downtown/centre and orientation
- See All Empty churches
- See All Do not be scared like me! Sue them :-)
- See All Movable artwork - pose 2 (do not rate)
- See All Rostbratwurst-Berlin version of hot dog
- See All Take more time
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels